05.17: Our paper, "Incorporating Kinodynamic Constraints in Automated Design of Simple Machines", is accepted to IROS 2014.
05.13: Our submission to RSS 2014 workshop CDMR accepted.
05.06: My advisor and dear friend Professor Mike Stilman passed away. Rest in peace…
04.13: "Autonomous Realization of Simple Machines" got accepted to ISER 2014! Watch the video.
01.15: The video submission, "Robots Using Environment Objects as Tools: The ‘MacGyver’ Paradigm for Mobile Manipulation" got accepted to ICRA 2014!
11.07: Krang team gave a demo to Discovery Channel on the MacGyver project.
05.08: Presented my constraint space work in ICRA, Karlsruhe, Germany!
04.10: Passed Ph.D. quals.
01.07: ICRA 2013 paper, "Planning in Constraint Space: Automated Design of Functional Structures", got accepted!
10.09: Our work with ONR on repurposing tools creatively has been publicized with Golem Krang.
08.20: I will be TA'ing Robot Intelligence - Planning given by Mike Stilman this fall:
05.28: Frank Dellaert is presenting our planar segmentation paper in CRV 2012, Toronto. Here is the link to the slides.
05.15: Started working with Mike Stilman officially.
03.16: CRV paper accepted!
02.12: Submitted "Planar Segmentation of RGBD Images using Fast Linear Fitting and MCMC" to CRV 2012.
01.22: Created this website.
I am a 4th year Robotics Ph.D. student at Georgia Institute of Technology. I finished my Bachelor's degree in the School of Computer Science, at Carnegie Mellon University.
- Planning in Constraint Space: ICRA 2013: The goal is to autonomously design structures that are functional. For instance, what can a robot do if it needs to climb a tall structure or cross over a body of water and it can manipulate some objects? Moreover, how can we guarantee that the planner will find a solution if there is one? Here is an example where an agent comes up with such a plan where it uses a counter weight to build a bridge over some fire and climbs a height. You can try the code here.
- Incorporating Kinodynamic Limitations in Simple Machine Designs: IROS 2014: Robots are inherently limited by constraints on their motor power, battery life, and structural rigidity. Using simple machines and exploiting their mechanical advantage can significantly increase the breadth of a robot’s capabilities. In this work, we present an autonomous planner which allows a robot to determine how arbitrary rigid objects in its environment can be utilized in machine designs to overcome physical challenges. We demonstrate results with Golem Krang, using levers as simple machines, to overturn 100 kg load and to push 240 kg obstacle.
- Autonomous Realization of Simple Machines: ISER 2014: In this work, we report results on the autonomous realization of such a design by the humanoid robot Golem Krang, focusing on the challenges of autonomous perception, manipulation and control. Note that this is a long video - 4 min!. I'll re-edit it at some point :-).
- Golem Krang - A Segway-like balancing robot which weighs more than 140 kgs (300 lbs) and can reach a height of 1.90m (6' 2''). I have been leading the development of perception, control and planning modules on the platform, and below are the technical reports we have written so far. The picture on the left is showing Mike Stilman doing push-ups on Krang while it is maintaining its balance by leaning backwards!! :-)
- Useful Ubuntu Commands - This is the list of some useful commands that I keep forgetting.
- Possible Mini Projects - This is the list of some projects that I want to complete either for educational reasons or completing previous work.
- Random Code - This is a collection of random code I have written over the years.